Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grotesquerie

Pardon me for being grotesque. I know people like to read blogs for eye candy sometimes and this doesn't qualify, unless you're a dog. So share it with Chloe & Comet, Otis, Chuma, Echo, and all the rest out there.

Today when I was cleaning up I found this on my sofa. It's the underside of a cow's knee joint that we got in a butcher's bone bag. Daisy was working on it all evening yesterday, having sneaked it into the house while I was outside.

I thought it looked like a head.


A head of what? Maybe it's a saint!! or a Virgin!! or a very small Sasquatch!! Daisy hasn't titled her sculpture yet.  Whatever it is, it doesn't look too happy. A statement on mortality no doubt.

It gave me a surprise anyway. As curator I positioned the installation outside and I see it is being worked on by another artiste.



No comments: