Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Last night I knit a collar on the Magallanes sweater. It's a cross between an Elizabethan collar and a frilled lizard. I'm not sure I like it, right now I'm referring to it as the Elizabethan Lizard. Not flattering perhaps, unless you're a shakespearausaur... but unique. I'll post pictures so you can decide for me once I have it blocked.



Speaking of which, here is Herr Schpooky (aka Spooky) preparing to get down to some work blocking the sweater.



Notice the concentration, the focus. He's puttin' the "cat" in dedicated.



Get ready, here he comes....




Ta DAAA.


We can expect results in about 12 hours.

Whoooo oo oo oo oo, oo oo oo oo oo uh ooo.
The Elizabethan Lizard is a quiet creature, known for its multicolored coat. It hibernates under towels, which it finds on flat plateau-like surfaces. It enjoys a damp mist before hibernation; once showered, it secrets itself between absorbent layers of terry cloth, where it sheds its rumpled appearance and emerges flattened and shapely. For more information on the Elizabethan Lizard, please contact the Canadian WildKnit Federation..... all you Canadians over a certain age will understand this reference. If I could only add a whistle.

And now in the cute category, here is Kylie and Teddy caught in flagrante sofa napping.




















Kylie woke up first, and wondered what to do. She held that position very carefully until Ted woke up, she knows the old man needs his sleep.


1 comment:

M D said...

haha, great photos, nifty collar - (sounds like you have a bit of cabin fever too possibly!) We in Ontario are in the deep freeze that was out your way last week. The weather seems to be the most important thing about January in my life anyway...working away on a website for a non-profit gallery so myself, - I'm a bit stir crazy.